A big thanks to Amy for inviting me to be a guest blogger here on A Girl and Her Kindle! *Big Smooches*
In honor of Halloween, I've been asked to share my favorite horror books of all time. It took me a while to think about this list because I don't really read a lot of "horror". Most of my reading leans more toward urban/paranormal fantasy...just like my writing. However, there have been a few horror stories I've enjoyed over the years and here are my top 5, in no particular order other than when they came to mind while I was typing the list. ;)
1. Dracula by Bram Stoker: No vampire fan should ever go throughout life without reading Dracula.
2. Frankenstein by Mary Shelley: While my general genre is all about vampires, I still have a place in my reading and writing for other "monsters."
3. Bloodbreeders by Robin Renee Ray: Actually, I love anything Robin writes, but I like this particular series best of all.
4. Consequences: A Short Story Anthology by Angel Sharum, Lucinda Gunnin, Steven Thor Gunnin, Laurie Darroch-Meekis and Amy Browne
5. Misery by Stephen King: This book freaked me out as a teenager. And yet, I couldn't stop reading it. When the movie came out I watched it, even though I already knew the story was gruesome. While the movie was good, the book was scarier.
I like to read horror, and love to watch horror movies, but you won't find me willingly going into the "haunted" houses during the Halloween season. Reading and watching are fun, but having people purposely trying to scare the hell out of me is another issue entirely. Nope, not my thing. When Tim and I were first married he nearly punched a guy in a haunted house because the guy grabbed Tim. I wonder how many times that happens during the month of October. Eek!
Anyway, I hope all of you have a happy Halloween and be sure to check out the Rafflecopter below for your chance at winning an e-copy of the third book in my Liz Baker series, Killer Intentions. And be sure to stop by my blog for a chance at my big Halloween giveaway. I do one every year and this time is no different. One lucky winner will receive all three Liz Baker books in print, autographed. As well as a lot of other goodies.
a Rafflecopter giveaway